The presidential palace has released just now a detailed list of where money that was pooled in the DAP (Disbursement Acceleration Program) went.
According to this Excel file, only P144 billion of the proposed funding of P167 billion was actually released.
I am working on another story right now.
I would appreciate very much your help in analyzing where the DAP money went.
For starters, can you find out the answers to the following questions:
1. Is there a discrepancy between what the Supreme Court said the DAP was worth in totality and what this Excel file says?
2. How much funding went to Tarlac province? (Since the Left is accusing the government of pouring too much money into Tarlac, including money that they said went to buy land from landlords under the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program or CARP. Does this indicate that money went to the owners of hacienda Luisita?)
3. How much money ended up with lawmakers? Does the Excel file indicate the dates when the money was released for the lawmakers’ pork projects?
4. Are there any projects that are questionable?
5. Do you notice anything other thing interesting about the list?
6, What details are lacking which you want to know? For instance, on Twitter, @ren aguila wants to know when the money was released for each project. @John Mangun pointed out the Excel file doesn’t show when projects were completed after OP approval. As for me, I want each project in the list “clickable” – so that when I click on a given project it opens up to further details which break down the project further – like where the projects were undertaken, the cost, when it started and when it was finished. And the person in charge of the particular project.
Just post your answers as comments.
Thanks very much,
You can download the DAP list file by clicking on this link or by clicking on the link provided in the slideshare file below or by clicking on this link that will lead you to the government website: